Saturday, October 22, 2011

The First Morning Home/ The End

Starting this experience I can honestly say that when I woke up the morning of July 6th I expecting a few things to change. If someone would have told me that my life would be changed completely, I probably wouldn’t have believed them. Now August 5th, 2011 I’m crying as I write this because I want my Italia family back. Nothing in my life will ever compare to this experience and it’s beyond hard not being there waking up to every single person in the morning. Being back in Michigan right now, doesn’t feel right. I feel like I’m not even near the same person I used to be, like I’m missing a huge part of my self. I feel more homesick being back in Michigan…how is that even possible? I know it will get easier and we will all keep in contact…so that makes it a little easier.
3 Months later, It is October 22, 2011 and not one of us can say life is the same since we have been back. Most of us still left our hearts in Gagliano and nothing compares to how we lived there. There are no words other than what I have written in this blog, that could even describe or explain how amazing every single day was. Not only did I now have a family here in America but I now have family in Italy. I will be returning one day, though I have no idea when that day will be. I have realized it was hard for me to make this blog, because it made this trip really end but I love every single person I met and all of these memories and moments will stay in my heart forever.

Click Here for Italian Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment